In GYROKINESIS ® exercises, all movement originates from the spine and follows the natural energy lines in the body to build internal and external strength and dynamic health and fitness. The exercises are designed to mobilize the spine and all the joints of the body through arching, curling, stretching, bending, twisting and spiraling movements. GYROKINESIS ® movement maximizes the flow of energy through the body and generates a feeling of being energized, balanced, and grounded. The GYROKINESIS ® system is invigorating and relaxing all at the same time. The sense of quiet power and presence in the body after a class is clear and vibrant.
The GYROKINESIS® movement system was created by Juliu Horvath, who was inspired to create movement principles that offer the same benefits also found in yoga, dance, gymnastics, swimming and tai chi, but are not derived from these other exercise modalities.
This exercise program systematically and gently works the joints and muscles through rhythmic and undulating exercises, generating mobility, flexibility, length and strength in the entire body. Increased functionality supports and invigorates as it re-educates the body to move with fluidity, relaxation and power. It feels good and is fun!
This dynamic form of exercise:
- Articulates the spine and develops greater mobility in the joints
- Strengthens and tones the abdominal muscles
- Elongates the musculature and shapes the body
- Improves balance, coordination, and neuromuscular control
- Increases stamina with minimal impact to the joints
- Opens energy centers and relieves energetic stagnation
- Is meditative, calming and stress-reducing
Come join me — You’ll feel great!